Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Dead Girls Detective Agency

Review of: The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox
Release date: September 18th, 2012
Pages: 368 Hardcover, Nook 250
Publisher: HarperTeen
Received for review: Library e-book
Overall grade: B

Charlotte is your ordinary teenage girl living in New York. That is until one day when she's at the wrong place at the wrong time and ends up dead. She turns up in some sort of limbo and finds out from the other girls (and one mysterious boy) that she was murdered. How the heck is that possible? Who would have hated Charlotte that much that they needed to get rid of her? She has absolutely no idea.

To make matters worse she finds out that her boyfriend is apparently hooking up with every girl in school now that Charlotte is gone. And the hunky dead guy is messing with her head. She always thought being dead would be simple but that apparently doesn't happen until she gets her key to pass through the big red door. But how is that ever going to happen when finding out who her murderer is seems entirely impossible?

Now I've read some reviews on this book and noticed that people weren't rating it very highly. I really don't understand this since I was caught up in this book from the very first page. It's not really much of a paranormal book. I'd say it's more contemporary or chick lit. Since I am a fan of these genres I really enjoyed this book. It also has mystery too which you could probably tell from my summary. I had no idea who Charlotte's murderer was at all until right before they were revealed. The book also ended openly which I'm assuming means there is going to be a second book. Honestly, if you're in for a light read I would check this one out. I thought the storyline was great and I'm looking forward to another one.

0 comments: