Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss

Review of: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Release date: December 2nd, 2010
Pages: 372
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Received for review: Electronic copy for Nook (checked out from library)
Overall Grade: A+


This was an amazing contemporary YA novel. I was hooked immediately. 

Anna Oliphant is entering her senior year at a boarding school in Paris all thanks to her suddenly rich father. Anna is not happy about being shipped off to Paris for her senior year, leaving her best friend, her job at the movie theater, and her crush behind. But soon after arriving at the school she meets Etienne St. Claire, a fellow senior. She becomes friends with Etienne's close friends and becomes close friends with Etienne as well despite the fact that he has a girlfriend in college nearby. Anna and Etienne are in a bit of an awkward situation but that doesn't stop them from getting close. Anna sure isn't upset about coming to Paris now, is she?

I loved this book. Stephanie Perkins is such a great writer. This is the first book I had read by her. One of my close friends (fellow blogger, Amanda's Blog) recommended this book since it is one of her favorites so I had to check it out. I instantly fell in love with Etienne and I loved Anna's character. The secondary characters in the book were also great. It is one of the best contemporary books I've ever read and I highly recommend checking it out. Also, check out Lola and the Boy Next Door. It is written by Stephanie as well and it does not disappoint!

0 comments: