Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beautiful Lies

Review of: Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman
Release date: August 7th, 2012
Pages: 432 (hardcover), 275 (Nook ebook version)
Publisher: Walker Children's
Received for review: Library ebook
Overall grade: B

Alice and Rachel are identical twins. They aren't your average everyday twins though. Everything about their appearance is identical and they have this special sense where they can feel what the other twin is feeling.

The girls were orphaned when they were 9, and they are now 18 and have been living with their aunt and uncle and their son, Charlie. One night during a local fair Alice goes missing. Rachel immediately starts to look for her, she knows that something has happened to her. But her aunt and uncle don't seem to think anything is wrong. Alice takes off and disappears all the time, it's not a big deal. She'll come back. But what they don't know is that Alice didn't go missing...Rachel did.

This was definitely a good read and a good mystery too. I checked it out since it was about identical twins and I'm always interested in books with twins since I have twins of my own :). I was sucked in immediately. I wanted to find out what happened to Rachel. I kept thinking I had the right answer but I never turned out to be right. I love that in a mystery. If I can figure out what happened then the book isn't interesting anymore! But that wasn't the case here. The only thing I didn't like about this read was that I felt there were so many different characters that I could never remember who was who. I found myself having to go back and re-read sections to remember who a certain person was. Also, the flashbacks in the middle of chapters were a bit confusing as well. But other than that this was a really great book. So much happened that I never expected to happen. I will definitely be picking up another book by Jessica Warman soon.

0 comments: