Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Host


The Host by Stephenie Meyer
I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Earth has been invaded by aliens, these small little silvery souls who need a host to survive. The hosts on the planet Earth are us, the humans. The whole planet is being taken over by these small creatures living inside human bodies. One of the aliens named Wanderer is living inside Melanie Stryder's body. But there is one big problem, Melanie refuses to leave her body. Wanderer is swept up in all of Melanie's emotions and memories, not to mention all of her rude comments.

Soon Melanie has her on this long and dangerous trip to go find what is left of her family and the man that she loves, Jared. Once Wanderer finds who Melanie is looking for a bunch of things start to happen, not all of them too great. But with Melanie's help and the help of the others with them Wanderer starts to learn what being human is all about.

I absolutely loved this book. The first 100 pages or so were a bit slow, but the book quickly changes after that. There was a point where I just didn't want to put it down. All of the characters have strong personalities and the writing is just amazing. Stephenie Meyer really is a genius. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes the Twilight series. It's a great read.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you on this. It was just awesome and the characters were perfect and it just rocked!

Great review!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

yay for blogging now breanna! I'm glad you liked the book. i still need to read it, but it sounds like it's worth it for sure.

-Lauren
(Music, Books, and more!)

Leigh Purtill said...

Welcome to blogger, Breanna! I'm expecting great things from you! :)

Tasha said...

I really need to get my hands on a copy of this!! Great review.

Maw Books said...

Yay for your first review! I thought the Host was a bit slow as well but for me it was in the caves. I actually set it down for a good three or four days. But it sped up quickly after that.